Who doesn’t love crispy bacon and a good BLT! However, my new obsession is crispy prosciutto and I often use it in place of bacon. It’s leaner and so easy to prepare.
Here is how simple it is to make:
- Lay slices of prosciutto on a parchment-lined baking sheet
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 12 minutes
I use crispy prosciutto in place of bacon in a pasta salad that is a twist on a BLT. Here is how easy it is to make!
"PLT" Pasta Salad with Crispy Prosciutto
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- ¼ cup of basil
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
Add mayonnaise, yogurt, lemon zest and juice, basil, salt and pepper to bowl of a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
Pasta Salad Ingredients:
- 1 lb. rotini pasta (cooked according to package directions)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, thinly chopped
- 2 tbsp. chives, chopped
- 4 slices crispy prosciutto, crumbled
In a large mixing bowl, combine pasta, grape tomatoes, lettuce and chives. Add the dressing and toss to coat. Top with crispy prosciutto and serve.
This pasta salad is great chilled or served at room temperature.
Enjoy this fast, easy and delicious salad at your next barbecue or gathering. It’s sure to be a hit!