Did you know that you don’t need an ice cream machine to make a batch of delicious homemade ice cream? This simple method for making a no-churn vanilla ice cream is so easy. The best part is that you can doctor up with your favorite mix-ins.
- One 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 2 cups heavy cream, cold
- Whisk together the condensed milk, vanilla and salt in a large bowl; set aside.
- Whip the cream with a mixer on medium-high speed until firm peaks form, about 2 minutes.
- Fold about 1 cup of the whipped cream into the condensed milk mixture. Next, fold the lightened mixture into the whipped cream until well blended. Pour into a chilled 9-by-5-by-3-inch metal loaf pan. Cover and freeze for 2 hours until it is thick and creamy and the consistency of soft serve ice cream.
- Stir in any desired mix-ins with a spoon. (a few options include swirling in chocolate fudge or caramel sauce, candies, crunchy cereal or crushed up cookies)
- Continue to freeze, covered, until solid, about 3 hours more.
The result will be creamy, delicious ice cream that you made yourself! If you're cooking with kids, this is a fun activity that doesn’t require any special equipment.