My Fast & Easy Caprese Wonton Pouches are a quick and delicious appetizer or snack. Who doesn’t love the combination of tomato, mozzarella and basil, right? Baking or air frying gives them a nice crunch that is perfectly complimented by gooey, melted cheese.
Here is what you will need to make 24 appetizers.
- 24 wonton wrappers
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 12 small fresh mozzarella balls, drained and halved (about the size of a cherry tomato)
- 12 grape tomatoes, halved
Pre-heat air fryer or oven to 400. If using an oven, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Fill a small dish with water and set it beside you on a clean, dry work surface. Lay a wonton wrapper on a dry work surface. Sprinkle ½ teaspoon of the sliced basil into the center and top with a Mozzarella ball halve and one cherry tomato halve.
- Dip your finger into the dish of water and run it along the entire outside edge of the wonton wrapper. Gather the four corners of the wrapper and bring them to the center, pressing them together to seal the pouch closed.
- Place the finished pouches onto the prepared baking sheet or in to the air fryer basket.
- Spray the tops of the pouches with cooking spray.
- Place into the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes. If using an air fryer, cook for 8- 10 minutes. They are done when the tops are golden brown.