Summer is here and I’m taking advantage of the summer corn season with my corn, tomato and avocado salad with a basil citrus dressing.
For the dressing:
- 1 cup packed fresh basil
- 1/3 cup good-quality extra-virgin olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 ears corn, steamed and kernels removed (about 3 cups)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 cups fresh mozzarella, diced
- 1 medium avocado, diced
Combine the dressing ingredients in a blender; process until smooth. Combine the salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss with the dressing. Let sit at least 15 minutes before serving, or cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
Variations of this salad show up on my weekly menu while fresh corn is in season. Feel free to add cucumbers or olives or use fresh cilantro in place of the basil. This salad is the perfect summer side dish or light lunch.